Ruth Badger grew up in Wolverhampton. At 16 she left full time education, with just three GCSE’s to join a Youth Training Scheme within the Civil Service. Progressing through the early stages of her career Ruth worked in various roles to build up her experience from working for Yates, Wolves Football Club and then to a finance company called Purple Loans – then GE Capital purchased Purple Loans.
Ruth then went on to achieve the following:-
- Promoted 4 times in 18 months
- Awarded 4 company awards including Employee of the Year
- In 2002 at the age of 23, Ruth won the accolade of National Employee of the Year for GE Capital
- In 2002, Ruth left GE Capital to go on executive board at Compass Finance
- 24 Ruth was appointed to Head of Sales and Operations
- In 24 months – Ruth, transformed the company’s performance & turnover increasing it from £3.1m to £13.1m
- In 2005 the opportunity arose to apply for “The Apprentice” Ruth beat 60,000 other applicants to make it
- In 2006 The Ruth Badger Consultancy Ltd was formed.
Chosen from over 60,000 applicants, Ruth proved week after week that she was the top performer in the show and excelled at all tasks. Outselling all other Executives in each task, Ruth consistently demonstrated her business acumen and ability. Ruth left the series after working for Lord Alan Sugar for 6 months in an Executive role.
In 2007, Ruth had a hit TV series called “Badger or Bust” which aired in the UK, America, Australia and New Zealand and to this day continues to work with the BBC.
Ruth launched The Ruth Badger Consultancy Ltd in June 2006 after filming “Badger or Bust”. Specialising in helping SME’s start, grow and improve, over the last 7 years The Ruth Badger Consultancy has helped over 350 small businesses launch and over 200 grow and beat the recession. Ruth also owns an IT business which launched in 2010.
As a respected and experienced SME Business Expert, Ruth has Partnerships with Towergate Insurance, BBC Radio 4 and Pitchforit.com. In her 35th year, Ruth Badger is walking proof that a positive attitude can get you where you want to be in business and in life.
In keeping with our passion at the Bucks Property Meet of securing first class speakers we have again secured another FIRST and secured a top performer to share some unbelievable content with us. The Bucks Property Meet has a reputations of having very active property people who are willing to share their knowledge with the Bucks community.
Property networking is all about making new contacts, sharing new ideas, learning, being motivated to take action and being able to spend time with others who share a common passion.